Thumbnail Image

Organic banana production in Peru











Also available in:

Related items

Showing items related by metadata.

  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Producción de banano orgánico en Perú 2017
    Also available in:

    Casi todos los bananos exportados por Perú son orgánicos, representando alrededor del 3% de la producción mundial de banano orgánico. En 2014 la producción ocupó alrededor de 5 500 ha, cerca del 4% de la superficie total de producción de banano. Ésta se concentró en las regiones septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes y Lambayeque, y fue producida principalmente por pequeños propietarios con fincas de menos de tres hectáreas. Desde que el país comenzó la conversión de convencional a orgánico a finales de los años noventa, más del 80% se ha concentrado en el Valle de Chira en Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Production de bananes biologiques au Pérou 2017
    Also available in:

    Presque toutes les bananes exportées par le Pérou sont biologiques, représentant ainsi près de 3% de la production de bananes biologiques au niveau mondial. En 2014, la production bananière péruvienne occupait environ 5 500 hectares, soit près de 4% de la superficie mondiale consacrée à la production de bananes. Elle se concentre dans les régions septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes et Lambayeque ou les bananes sont principalement cultivées par de petits exploitants dans des fermes de moins de 3 hec tares. Depuis que le pays a démarré sa conversion de l’agriculture conventionnelle à l’agriculture biologique à la fin des années 1990, plus de 80% de la production de bananes s'est concentrée dans la vallée du Chira à Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Organic production in Dominican Republic 2017
    Also available in:

    In 2011, Dominican Republic produced 230,000 metric tons of organic bananas on approximately 18,000 hectares, representing 29% of the total number of organic bananas produced worldwide . Dominican Republic is the largest producer of organic bananas worldwide, followed by Ecuador (25%) and Peru (15%). 1,332 producers work in banana plantations that are concentrated in the Northwest Line and Southern regions of the country. About 53% of banana exports from Dominican Republic between 2002 and 2011 were organic bananas . Approximately 95% of Dominican organic banana exports are shipped to the European Union - currently, about half of organic bananas that are consumed in the EU come from Dominican Republic - the remaining 5% being shipped to Japan, the Caribbean and the United States.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Producción de banano orgánico en Perú 2017
    Also available in:

    Casi todos los bananos exportados por Perú son orgánicos, representando alrededor del 3% de la producción mundial de banano orgánico. En 2014 la producción ocupó alrededor de 5 500 ha, cerca del 4% de la superficie total de producción de banano. Ésta se concentró en las regiones septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes y Lambayeque, y fue producida principalmente por pequeños propietarios con fincas de menos de tres hectáreas. Desde que el país comenzó la conversión de convencional a orgánico a finales de los años noventa, más del 80% se ha concentrado en el Valle de Chira en Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Production de bananes biologiques au Pérou 2017
    Also available in:

    Presque toutes les bananes exportées par le Pérou sont biologiques, représentant ainsi près de 3% de la production de bananes biologiques au niveau mondial. En 2014, la production bananière péruvienne occupait environ 5 500 hectares, soit près de 4% de la superficie mondiale consacrée à la production de bananes. Elle se concentre dans les régions septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes et Lambayeque ou les bananes sont principalement cultivées par de petits exploitants dans des fermes de moins de 3 hec tares. Depuis que le pays a démarré sa conversion de l’agriculture conventionnelle à l’agriculture biologique à la fin des années 1990, plus de 80% de la production de bananes s'est concentrée dans la vallée du Chira à Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Organic production in Dominican Republic 2017
    Also available in:

    In 2011, Dominican Republic produced 230,000 metric tons of organic bananas on approximately 18,000 hectares, representing 29% of the total number of organic bananas produced worldwide . Dominican Republic is the largest producer of organic bananas worldwide, followed by Ecuador (25%) and Peru (15%). 1,332 producers work in banana plantations that are concentrated in the Northwest Line and Southern regions of the country. About 53% of banana exports from Dominican Republic between 2002 and 2011 were organic bananas . Approximately 95% of Dominican organic banana exports are shipped to the European Union - currently, about half of organic bananas that are consumed in the EU come from Dominican Republic - the remaining 5% being shipped to Japan, the Caribbean and the United States.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Producción de banano orgánico en Perú 2017
    Also available in:

    Casi todos los bananos exportados por Perú son orgánicos, representando alrededor del 3% de la producción mundial de banano orgánico. En 2014 la producción ocupó alrededor de 5 500 ha, cerca del 4% de la superficie total de producción de banano. Ésta se concentró en las regiones septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes y Lambayeque, y fue producida principalmente por pequeños propietarios con fincas de menos de tres hectáreas. Desde que el país comenzó la conversión de convencional a orgánico a finales de los años noventa, más del 80% se ha concentrado en el Valle de Chira en Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Production de bananes biologiques au Pérou 2017
    Also available in:

    Presque toutes les bananes exportées par le Pérou sont biologiques, représentant ainsi près de 3% de la production de bananes biologiques au niveau mondial. En 2014, la production bananière péruvienne occupait environ 5 500 hectares, soit près de 4% de la superficie mondiale consacrée à la production de bananes. Elle se concentre dans les régions septentrionales de Piura, Tumbes et Lambayeque ou les bananes sont principalement cultivées par de petits exploitants dans des fermes de moins de 3 hec tares. Depuis que le pays a démarré sa conversion de l’agriculture conventionnelle à l’agriculture biologique à la fin des années 1990, plus de 80% de la production de bananes s'est concentrée dans la vallée du Chira à Piura.
  • Thumbnail Image
    Brochure, flyer, fact-sheet
    Organic production in Dominican Republic 2017
    Also available in:

    In 2011, Dominican Republic produced 230,000 metric tons of organic bananas on approximately 18,000 hectares, representing 29% of the total number of organic bananas produced worldwide . Dominican Republic is the largest producer of organic bananas worldwide, followed by Ecuador (25%) and Peru (15%). 1,332 producers work in banana plantations that are concentrated in the Northwest Line and Southern regions of the country. About 53% of banana exports from Dominican Republic between 2002 and 2011 were organic bananas . Approximately 95% of Dominican organic banana exports are shipped to the European Union - currently, about half of organic bananas that are consumed in the EU come from Dominican Republic - the remaining 5% being shipped to Japan, the Caribbean and the United States.

Users also downloaded

Showing related downloaded files

No results found.